What is a Preventive Maintenance Agreement?
An agreement to conduct regularly scheduled visits to inspect, clean, calibrate, adjust and test the fitness equipment. Visits can be scheduled on a monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly or bi-annual basis depending on the needs of the facility.
Why should we have a Preventive Maintenance Agreement?
- To maintain the safe operation of your equipment
- To protect your warranty by fulfilling its maintenance requirements
- To protect your substantial investment, by extending the life of the product
- To prevent down-time
- To protect the users of the equipment
- To maintain a clean and safe facility and work out experience
- To provide a detailed accounting of the history of the maintenance and repairs to your equipment
- To meet the safety requirements of your insurance company
What work is performed during a Preventive Maintenance?
- Inspection of mechanical and electrical parts
- Cleaning and adjusting entire product
- Inspection of moving parts on strength equipment, ie. cables, pulleys and pins
What are the consequences of NOT performing regular Preventive Maintenance?
- Minimizes the life expectancy of the equipment, and your investment
- Safety is compromised, exposing owners to liability
- Facility appearance can become undesirable to users
- Increased down time creating customer complaint
- The cumulative effects of a lack of maintenance can create many preventable repairs
- Puts your equipment & members at risk thru lack of maintenance
- Risk losing warranty coverage thru lack of proper maintenance